I recently had the pleasure of getting a Surface Pro 3 for free at Adobe Max 2014 when everyone who attended the conference was entitled to a free device! After three weeks of using the device, I have to admit I like it and enjoy it! I had been using my iPad for close to a year prior to the Surface Pro 3 being in my arsenal. I find myself asking what can’t I do with this versus my iPad where I ask myself… What Can I do with this?
Here’s the breakdown of what I have done with my Surface Pro 3
- Watch live TV via Windows Media Center
- Display port output so that I can hook it up to my TV
- MS Office 365
- Access to full featured software (since its running Windows 8.1)
- Use all my Adobe CC products
- Pretend to draw in Illustrator as if I was an artist
- Access network shared drives
- Install PC games (if i really had the desire to play something on it)
Most importantly I really like the battery life, this device outlasts my iPad in terms of battery life when its in sleep mode.